Connect with us

UsaLocalNews

GovInfo

GovInfo

UsaLocalNews

Trump says Clock is Ticking for Iran as shaky ceasefire continues

Trump says Clock is Ticking for Iran as shaky ceasefire continues

In an interview with Fox News’ Sean Hannity Thursday from Beijing, President Trump said that during their summit, Chinese President Xi Jinping assured him that China would not provide military equipment to Iran for its war in the Middle East.

Asked by Hannity how big of a discussion the two leaders had regarding China’s support for Iran, Mr. Trump responded, “We discussed it. When you say support, they’re [China] not fighting a war with us or anything.”

According to Mr. Trump, Xi told him that he’s “not going to give [Iran] military equipment. That’s a big statement. He said that today. That’s a big statement. He said that strongly.”

Last month, CBS News reported that U.S. intelligence agencies had detected signs that China was weighing whether to provide the Iranian regime with advanced radar systems.

Mr. Trump disclosed that Xi also noted to him how much China depends on the oil and gas it imports from Iran.

“But at the same time, he said, you know, they buy a lot of their oil there, they would like to keep doing that,” Mr. Trump said. “He’d like to see the Hormuz strait opened,” adding that Xi “didn’t like the fact that they’re [Iran] charging tolls. I don’t know if they are or not.”

According to analysts at maritime intelligence company Lloyd’s List, early in the war, Iran had been using Larak Island, which is located a few miles off Iran’s coast, as a tolling stop for tankers.

Per the congressional U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, China purchases about 90% of the oil that Iran exports.

And according to analysis from Det Norske Veritas, an independent global assurance and risk management provider, prior to the Iran war, China imported 70% of its oil and gas, the majority of which came through the Persian Gulf.

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say

Arkansas man allegedly threatened Walmart mass shooting over hantavirus lockdown fears, authorities say

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

An Arkansas man was arrested after allegedly threatening to carry out a mass shooting at his local Walmart if the country went into lockdown over the hantavirus outbreak, authorities said.

Aaron Bynum, 20, of Oakland, was arrested Friday for allegedly making the threats, according to the Marion County Sheriff’s Office.

He was charged with first-degree terroristic threatening and harassing communications.

Officials said the arrest followed an investigation into online threats allegedly made by Bynum on May 9.

GUN JAMS AS SHOPLIFTING SUSPECT TRIES TO SHOOT OHIO POLICE OFFICER AT POINT-BLANK RANGE IN WILD BODYCAM VIDEO

Authorities arrested an Arkansas man accused of threatening a Walmart shooting tied to hantavirus lockdown fears. (Marion County Sheriff’s Office; iStock)

The FBI’s National Threat Operations Center received an electronic tip from an individual playing an online video game who alleged another player threatened to carry out a mass shooting at a local Walmart “if the country were locked down again due to the Hantavirus.”

Authorities said the reporting individual provided the player’s gamer username along with an in-game recording of the alleged threats.

Investigators said they subpoenaed the game’s parent company, which identified Bynum as the owner of the account.

MASKED SUSPECT CHARGED WITH USING FUEL, FIREWORKS IN WALMART KIDS SECTION AS COVER FOR MASSIVE JEWELRY HEIST

Aaron Bynum, 20, was arrested after allegedly threatening to carry out a mass shooting at a Walmart if the country entered another lockdown over hantavirus concerns, authorities said. (Marion County Sheriff Office)

The FBI’s Fayetteville Field Office then alerted the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, and authorities executed a search warrant at Bynum’s residence Friday.

Investigators said they seized Bynum’s computer and related accessories.

Authorities said Bynum was taken into custody without incident and booked into the Marion County Detention Center on a $2,500 bond.

CRUISE SHIP PASSENGER DESCRIBES UNCERTAINTY AFTER 3 DEATHS AMID HANTAVIRUS PROBE

Authorities said an Arkansas man threatened to carry out a mass shooting at a local Walmart. (unknown)

The hantavirus outbreak tied to the MV Hondius cruise ship has sickened multiple people aboard the vessel, with WHO reporting as of May 13 that all cases then identified were passengers.

As of May 13, the World Health Organization said 11 cases had been identified in connection with the outbreak, including eight confirmed cases, two probable cases and one inconclusive case. Three deaths had also been linked to the outbreak, and WHO assessed the risk to the global population as low.

Canadian health officials on Sunday confirmed that one of four Canadians who returned from the MV Hondius tested positive for the virus. The Associated Press reported that the Canadian case brought the number of confirmed infections tied to the ship to 10, updating the earlier WHO count from May 13.

While the outbreak has sparked comparisons to the coronavirus pandemic, Fox News senior medical analyst Dr. Marc Siegel previously told Fox News Digital there is “no comparison,” noting hantavirus is difficult to spread.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The CDC says Andes virus, the strain confirmed in the MV Hondius outbreak, is the only hantavirus documented to spread from person to person, though such transmission is rare and generally requires close, prolonged contact with a symptomatic person.

“It’s not airborne … in terms of respiratory droplets hanging in the air,” he said. “It’s very difficult to transmit.”

Fox News Digital’s Angelica Stabile contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Austin police arrest 3 juveniles allegedly linked to 12 random shootings injuring 4 people

NEW Davis We Two Austin The Three Davis No Police Police The

  

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Becky Hill’s ‘disgraceful’ comments and book ambitions unraveled Alex Murdaugh’s murder conviction: Docs

NEW The ” ” The ” Do The The ” Beck ” ” The The ” Find Mur In

  

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Air Force intel vet allegedly spiraled into Iran’s terror underworld: Timeline of deceit, hunt for spy suspect

NEW She She Former In The The ” She The The “At the same time, her public conversion to Islam was filmed and broadcast on Iranian state television.CIA URGES IRANIANS TO USE BURNER PHONES, TOR TO CONTACT US IN PERSIAN-LANGUAGE VIDEOIn May, at about the same time she received her graduate degree, the FBI reached out to Witt, telling her she was a prime target for recruitment by Iranian intelligence officials.DefectionBy then, it was too late.Witt had become ensnared by a “spotter” — someone who recruits on behalf of a foreign intelligence service — in this case, Iran.IRANIAN-AMERICAN JOURNALIST TESTIFIES AGAINST MEN ACCUSED OF MURDER-FOR-HIRE PLOTThe indictment refers to the “spotter” as “Individual A,” named by The New York Times as Louisiana-born journalist turned naturalized Iranian citizen and state television broadcaster Marzieh Hashemi.Hashemi allegedly traveled to the U.S., and along with Witt, filmed an anti-Western propaganda film that was later distributed in Iran.Over the course of the next year, according to the indictment, Witt bounced around from country to country while she worked with Hashemi to gain permanent residence in Iran. The Witt The MUST Coming Coming According The ” The

  

Continue Reading

Latest News

Sports40 minutes ago

Just a moment…

Video49 minutes ago

Whale watching crew rescues two after boat capsizes

A whale watching crew rescued two men after their boat capsized about six miles off the coast of California. #CNN...

Video58 minutes ago

Iranian authorities urge civilians to take up arms

CNN’s Matthew Chance reports on nightly rallies in Iran where military kiosks are showing civilians how to use guns amid...

Video1 hour ago

CNN crew witnesses drones attacking key road in Ukraine

CNN’s Nick Paton Walsh follows Ukrainian soldiers down a strategic road by the Kostiantynivka frontline as Russian drones attack …

GovInfo GovInfo
UsaLocalNews1 hour ago

GovInfo

Video1 hour ago

UK PM Keir Starmer has said he will not set out a timetable to step down. #BBCNews

Video2 hours ago

The American mayor accused of secretly working for China | The Global Story

A mayor of a southern Californian city has resigned after the US Department of Justice (DoJ) charged her with acting...

Video2 hours ago

Navy jets collide at air show. Aviation analysts react

Four men safely ejected from their jet fighters after the two planes collided during an air show at Mountain Home...

Video2 hours ago

Inside Ukraine's 'kill zone'. #Ukraine #Russia #BBCNews

Subscribe to our channel here: https://bbc.in/bbcnews For the latest news download the BBC News app or visit BBC.com/news …

Tamil Nadu CM Vijay orders modernisation of Amma canteens Tamil Nadu CM Vijay orders modernisation of Amma canteens
India Top Stories Feeds3 hours ago

Tamil Nadu CM Vijay orders modernisation of Amma canteens

C Joseph Vijay, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, ordered on Monday the revamping and modernisation Amma Unavagams in the...

Trending News

Join Our Newsletter

Stay updated with breaking news and exclusive content.