Connect with us

BBC News World

China and Russia sign agreements strengthening their ties after Xi-Putin meeting

China and Russia sign agreements strengthening their ties after Xi-Putin meeting

BBC News World

NBC News predicts that Andy Barr has won the GOP nomination in Kentucky for Mitch McConnell, retiring Senator. Subscribe to this story to enjoy it ad free


Receive unlimited access to exclusive articles and ad free content. Barr, a seven term congressman, defeated former state attorney general Daniel Cameron, and other lesser known GOP candidates. the Republican primary Barr will be the heavy favorite in the general election against Charles Booker. Booker previously ran for Senate, and was up against another former Democratic Senate candidate, Amy McGrath. Since 1992, the state hasn’t elected a Democrat as senator. Wendell Ford was given a final and fourth term.

Trump got involved in the race when he supported Barr and asked Nate Morris – a businessman who had strong ties with his MAGA Movement – to give up his bid for the GOP nomination to accept a position as ambassador. Morris quickly backed Barr. Morris was endorsed by Charlie Kirk, an influential conservative activist who had endorsed him before his assassination last year. However, Morris’ poll numbers were not high enough to gain Trump’s endorsement. Barr made a statement following Trump’s approval, saying that “just like the President at his Northern Kentucky Rally in March, I have been with him the whole way and will always be.” “As Kentucky’s next Senator, I will stand with President Trump 100 percent to deliver and make America Great Again.” The narrator in the Barr campaign’s ad, “President Trump picks Andy Barr for Kentucky Senate,” quoted Trump’s post on social media endorsing Barr. “Andy Barr has proven himself to be a winner.” He will cut taxes, unleash American power dominance, secure the border, and more. He lost against Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear for Beshear’s 2023 reelection bid.

Continue Reading

BBC News World

American doctor with Ebola evacuated in Germany, while wife and four kids are monitored in Congo.


When the American physician who was contracted Ebola the Democratic Republic of Congo on Tuesday was flown to Germany to receive treatment, he could barely stand on his feet, according to the two leaders of the Christian Missionary Group where he worked. Subscribe to read the story without ads

Get access to adfree articles and exclusive content. Dr. Scott Myhre – the East and Central Africa Area Director for the group called Serge – described the scene when Dr. Peter Stafford was leaving. Myhre described the scene as Dr. Peter Stafford left. “There were many people dressed in PPE (personal protective equipment), which is a full-coverage outfit, and they are all completely covered. He was barely strong enough walk on his own,” Myhre explained. He looked very tired and sick.

Stafford was working at Nyankunde Hospital in Congo’s Ituri Province, where the

took place. Myhre stated that Stafford operated days before the

on a 33 year old patient who had severe abdominal pain. The patient’s doctors initially thought he had a gallbladder disease. Myhre stated that

had performed an abdominal surgery and found out the gallbladder wasn’t abnormal. They closed him up but the patient died the next morning. Ebola outbreak They discovered days later that they had likely died of Ebola. The patient was buried without being tested. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Stafford began showing symptoms between the weekend and the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the outbreak time period. Myhre, Stafford’s colleague, said that Stafford is a meticulous professional. “He would wear sterile clothing, gloves, hats, and glasses for each surgical case,” Myhre added. Stafford’s wife Rebekah Stafford is also a physician and treated the patient. Myhre says that she and her four children are currently in the Democratic Republic of Congo where they’re being monitored. According to Myhre, another physician, Dr. Patrick LaRochelle was also exposed by a second patient. He is currently being monitored. No one has shown any signs of illness. Myhre told reporters that “we don’t often see cases of Ebola in children, and we certainly hope this isn’t the case here.” Myhre said that Stafford was quarantined as soon as symptoms such as fever, chills, muscle aches and fatigue began. Myhre stated that Stafford was put in a plastic tube bed “the size of a small casket” to prevent the crew from becoming infected on the flight to Germany.

According to World Health Organization leaders, the virus’s incubation time is 21 days. The “scale and pace of the epidemic” has caused them to express serious concern. The [Stafford] It is believed that at least 131 central Africans have died, and 531 others are suspected of being infected.

This outbreak of Ebola is caused by a less common strain known as tested positive for Ebola on Sunday, which does not have a vaccine or approved treatment. The WHO reports that the death rate during

ranged between 30% and 50%.

Continue Reading

BBC News World

Sources say that Raul Castro will be indicted on Wednesday by the United States. Subscribe to this story to enjoy it ad free


Enjoy unlimited access to exclusive articles and ad free content. The Justice Department and FBI will host the event at the Freedom Tower, downtown Miami. It is expected to coincide with a ceremony honoring victims of the Brothers to the Rescue Murders of 1996. Castro, 94 and his brother Fidel Castro were accused of ordering Cuban Air Force to shoot down civilian planes belonging to the Brothers non-profit group that carried out rescue missions for Cubans fleeing the homeland. U.S. indictment of former Cuban president The organization’s two planes were shot at on February 24, 1996 after they left Florida. Four Cuban Americans died. The sources confirmed a grand jury returned an indictment, but claimed they had not seen the paperwork or could not describe the actual charges. Castro Along with the U.S. Attorney from Miami and FBI co-Deputy director Christopher Raia, as well as Sen. Ashley Moody (R-Fla.), the Acting Attorney-General Todd Blanche, will be the keynote speaker at the event. After the U.S. attack on Venezuela

, President Donald Trump turned his attention to Cuba’s communist regime that has been in place for nearly seven decades. Castro, who stepped down in Cuba as president in 2018, and as secretary of Communist Party in 2021, still holds immense power.

Continue Reading

BBC News World

Are Americans finally cracking under the pressure of rising prices? We’re about find out


This week, four of America’s biggest retailers will release their quarterly earnings reports. The most pressing question will be whether Americans finally start to buckle under rising prices. Subscribe to this story to get unlimited access to exclusive content and ad free articles. Home Depot’s, Lowe’s’, Walmart’s and Target’s results will provide a clearer picture of how U.S. householders are managing an economy under increasing pressure from rising gas prices

as well as high borrowing costs. Rising energy costs are driving up household, transportation and grocery prices

, which is a major concern.

Journalists, economists and investors will be analyzing the financial results of the companies and their accompanying comments to look for any signs of stress. Are consumers switching to cheaper products? Delaying home improvements? What about cutting back on purchases of discretionary items to focus on essentials? What is behind America’s inflation spike? stubborn inflation 01.24

Home Depot started the closely-watched earnings parade on Tuesday morning by reporting a 5% rise in sales over a year ago. Homeowners are “more financially protected” than other customers according to the company’s when many consumers are already stretched thin, but they still hold off on expensive projects. Housing affordability is a huge challenge. Average mortgage rates for 30-year fixed loans were 6.68 % nationwide on Monday,

. Home Depot’s results confirm early spring data on consumer spending that shows consumers are doing well, but not equally. According to a report by the Bank of America Institute published in April, total spending on credit and debit cards per household was up 4.8% compared to a year earlier. This is a record-breaking increase. A deeper divide, say economists, is emerging beneath the resilience of headlines. According to economists, the so-called K shape economy – in which wealthy households account for a large share of consumer spending and lower-income families struggle – has grown in recent months. The report revealed that lower- and mid-income families were cutting back on discretionary expenditures like dining and entertainment. Wealthier households, boosted by rising home equity and strong stock market gains, continued to spend at an accelerated pace. The economists warn, however, that the financial pressure on low-income households may increase, as inflation in April was 3.8%, which is above the 3.6% wage growth rate for that month. The gap could widen further, complicating the Federal Reserve’s course under Kevin Warsh. He is expected

on Friday. Warsh will take over the Fed’s top job, having already stated that he is open to ” ” at the Fed. This comes as persistent inflation may force the central banks to maintain interest rates higher than they could have anticipated just a few short months ago, to avoid the economy overheating. Higher benchmark interest rate from the Fed has a direct impact upon consumer lending costs. Therefore, the same elevated borrowing cost would continue to increase the pressure on business and consumers that are already struggling to cope with rising costs. The Bank of America economists stated that while households have some short-term buffers, such as tax refunds and saving, these are also unevenly distributed. This highlights the growing gap between headline resilient and stress experienced by certain households.

Continue Reading

BBC News World

Pentagon’s own watchdog investigates U.S. strikes allegedly on drug boats


WASHINGTON, D.C. — The inspector general of the Defense Department said Monday it is investigating U.S. Southern Command for its targeting of suspected drug-smuggling ships in the military campaign against drug cartels. Subscribe to read the story without ads

Get access to unlimited adfree articles and exclusive material. According to the Pentagon, Southern Command targeted nearly 60 small vessels that the military claimed were transporting drug through the Caribbean Sea or the Pacific Ocean. They destroyed 59 vessels, and killed 193 people, since the campaign started last fall. The internal watchdog is going to examine the targeting and intelligence used by Southern Command for the strikes. It will also look at other aspects of the operations against drug cartels. After a U.S. attack in the Eastern Pacific, smoke rises from an American boat on April 13, U.S. Southern Command-

“The scope includes the joint processes for targeted vessels within the U.S. Southern Command’s area of responsibility, as part of Operation Southern Spear,” a spokesperson for the inspector-general said in a statement to a press inquiry. Operation Southern Spear was the Pentagon’s term for its campaign to stop alleged drug-smuggling ships. The spokeswoman stated that the inspector general was the one who initiated the investigation. This project was initiated based upon the ongoing

assessment of… programs and operational activities. The letter states that the probe will include investigations at the Pentagon as well as the Southern Command’s Miami headquarters. No comment was made by Southern Command or the Pentagon. According to the correspondence, the investigation will focus on the military doctrine that guides how Southern Command targets small boat drug runners. According to the U.S. Official, in this context, targeting is divided into six phases – the commander’s intention, the development and analysis of each target and the intelligence surrounding it, as well as the decision to strike that target. The senior military attorney for the combatant commands overseeing the lethal strikes against the alleged drug smuggler boats near Venezuela did not agree with the Trump administration that the operations were legal, and was ignored,

. Many lawmakers have questioned the legality of these operations and demanded more oversight. The ongoing strikes have been overshadowed by the conflict with Iran. Pentagon data indicates that Southern Command has carried out three strikes this month, killing seven individuals. In one case, the U.S. attacked a boat with survivors, and then returned to kill them, potentially violating the law of armed conflicts. letter from the Pentagon’s Office of Inspector General After the Pentagon’s campaign against drug cartels began in September, Adm. Alvin Holsey of Southern Command announced that he would be stepping down from his position after just one year. Frank Donovan was appointed to replace him.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Video2 hours ago

AI name-reading goes wrong at graduation

A malfunction in an AI name-reading software led to boos from students at the Glendale Community College graduation ceremony …

Video2 hours ago

Dozens arrested as specialist team targets romance fraudsters and scammers. #BBCNews

Subscribe to our channel here: For the latest news download the BBC News app or visit …

BBC News World2 hours ago

China and Russia sign agreements strengthening their ties after Xi-Putin meeting

After Please For Special Reading

Sports2 hours ago

How the Kansas Jayhawks became college baseballs unlikeliest powerhouse

THE UNLIKELIEST POWERHOUSE in college baseball features a lineup with eight junior college transfers and a ninth from Division II...

Politics3 hours ago

Trump-critic Thomas Massie loses Kentucky primary to AIPAC-backed Gallrein

!function(e,t,a,n,r){e[n]=e[n]||[],e[n].push({“gtm.start”:(new Date).getTime(),event:”gtm.js”});var g=t.getElementsByTagName(a)[0],m=t.createElement(a);m.defer=!0,m.src=” Trump-critic Thomas Massie loses Kentucky primary to AIPAC-backed Ed Gallrein NewsFeed Congressman Thomas Massie, one of the...

Video3 hours ago

Daughter of security guard killed in San Diego shooting speaks out

The daughter of Amin Abdullah, the security guard killed in the San Diego shooting, spoke out on Tuesday. Hawaa Abdullah...

Video3 hours ago

Extreme hunger forces Afghans to make impossible choices | BBC News

In Afghanistan today, a staggering three in four people cannot meet their basic needs, according to the United Nations.

UsaLocalNews3 hours ago

Assistant principal did nothing when told about 6-year-old with gun, prosecutor says

The assistant principal of a Virginia elementary school where a 6-year-old studentshot his teacher in 2023 “did nothing” about the...

Video3 hours ago

Car swept away in China floodwaters

According to authorities, at least 21 people have been killed after torrential rainfall triggered severe flooding across southern and …

India Top Stories Feeds3 hours ago

Watch: Ugly scenes at Lionel Messi event in India

Lionel Messi’s first stop in India was a chaotic scene as fans tore apart stadium seats and dumped water bottles...

Trending News

Join Our Newsletter

Stay updated with breaking news and exclusive content.