BBC News World
Vanessa Trump announces breast cancer diagnosis
Vanessa Trump revealed that she has breast cancer on Wednesday. Subscribe to read the story without ads
Get unlimited, ad free access to exclusive content and articles.
Trump, 48,
. disclosed her diagnosis on Instagram I want to give you an update on my health. Recently, I was diagnosed with breast carcinoma. “While this is not news that anyone expected, I am working closely with my doctors on a plan of treatment,” she wrote. She added, “I’d like to thank my physicians for performing an operation on me earlier this week.” Trump said that she was “focused and optimistic” and surrounded with the support of her loved ones.
I am truly grateful for all of your kindness and support. I ask for privacy so that I can focus on my own health and recovery,” concluded Vanessa Trump.
Vanessa Trump, the eldest daughter of President Donald Trump, was married to Donald Trump Jr. from 2005 to 2018. The couple has five children. She is currently dating golf legend,
. Ivanka Trump is Vanessa’s sister-in law and she sent well wishes to Vanessa, saying: “Praying you continued strength and quick recovery.” Love you mama.”
BBC News World
DOJ charges former federal prosecutor with sending herself confidential documents from
mishandled classifed documents. Subscribe to this story for free special counsel Jack Smith’s investigation of allegations that President Donald Trump and get unlimited access to exclusive content, adfree articles, and more. According to a nine-page indictment, Carmen Mercedes Lineberger (62), was charged with four charges related to stealing and concealing government records and property, and altering them. The Justice Department claims that Lineberger, while serving as a managing Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of Florida during last year’s period, received a confidential copy of Smith’s report. According to court documents, she altered the file names and sent other Justice Department material to her Hotmail account and Gmail account. According to court documents, Lineberger allegedly used file names such as “chocolate recipe” and “bundt recipe” from September to December to avoid raising any red flags regarding the downloaded files. Indictment doesn’t say Lineberger shared files with anyone. Lineberger peared in federal court in West Palm Beach on Wednesday. If she’s convicted of all the charges, she may face more than twenty years in prison. Lineberger’s lawyer declined to comment on NBC News. The case is being prosecuted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Northern District of Florida, not a prosecutor at Lineberger’s previous workplace. According to the charges, Lineberger’s emails contained documents that were part of a report that a federal judge nominated by Trump ruled in February could not be made public. U.S. District judge Aileen Cannon ruled in February that Trump mishandled classified information after leaving the White House in 2020. Cannon argued Smith’s pointment was unconstitutional since Smith worked on the document after she said Wednesday July 2024. NBC News reported that in March, a Justice Department memo
stated Smith’s team had evidence Trump retained classified documents after he resigned from office. This included those related to Trump’s business interests.
BBC News World
Teacher’s Assistant at San Diego Mosque recalls bravery of San Diego students when gunmen knocked on doors.
San Diego — Like other schools in the U.S.A., the Islamic Center of San Diego wanted to prepare their students for a possible gunman breaking through its walls. Subscribe to this story to enjoy it ad free
Enjoy unlimited access to exclusive content and articles without ads. The teacher’s assistant at NBC News reported that when the “active shooter” exercises were tested, the students in a classroom followed the drills exactly. They “went right to work,” the assistant said. The assistant Imani who teaches 2nd and 3rd graders, and goes by her firstname, said that if the students had not followed through with their drills, it could have resulted in a different outcome. The authorities have confirmed that the three victims of the shooting at the largest mosque in San Diego County, as described on the website, were all standing outside. San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said that no one inside the center, including the dozens of schoolchildren attending the centre at the time, was injured. Amin Abdullah fired shots at the teens who tried to enter a mosque. Wahl, a reporter at the time, said that Amin Abdullah used his radio to initiate a lockdown protocol. Taha Hassane is an imam from the mosque. She said that lockdown drills are practiced by the center multiple times each school year. Abdullah was with the mosque several years ago and knew the system which alerts teachers in classrooms of active shooters.
On Tuesday, police te was placed outside the Islamic Center of San Diego. Sandy Huffaker/ Wahl said Abdullah had “delayed and distracted” the shooters, preventing them from reaching the area of the mosque that contained up to 140 children. Imani recalls that she immediately looked to her colleague when she heard the shots. They both instantly knew what had hpened. She said, “We told them this was not a drill.” “There’s an active shooter and let’s get out.”
She explained that students followed the drills they had practiced, settling into a corner in the classroom and staying low so as to avoid windows. They also made sure all the doors and windows were closed and locked. She said the students remained quiet, even when they heard the shooters banging doors and trying open them. Imani told reporters that she was “proud” of the students and their bravery, and added: “They kept it together.” Michael Ho Wai Lee via . two armed teenagers stormed the mosque Monday Michael Ho Wai Lee/Anadolu.
Wahl says that some of the video footage from the mosque shows the gunmen moving around the rooms, but they were all empty. Wahl stated that the shooters found Mansour Kaziha, and Nader Adwad in the parking area outside and fatally killed them. Imani stated that each of these victims “worth more than 1000 men.” “They are why all 140 of us survived.”
According to authorities, the gunmen identified as Caleb Vazquez (18) and Cain Clark (17) are believed to have committed suicide after fleeing the mosque. Law enforcement officials said that authorities are investigating the motives of their
they may have posted online. The
antisemitic, anti-Islamic and antiLGBTQ views are attributed to accelerationism – a white supremacist ideologie that encourages violence in order to create a white ethnostate. Mark Remily, an FBI official who spoke to reporters on Tuesday, said that “these subjects didn’t discriminate based on whom they hated.” Morgan Chesky reported on the story from San Diego. Tim Stelloh covered it from Alameda.
BBC News World
China and Russia sign agreements strengthening their ties after Xi-Putin meeting
After Please For Special Reading
BBC News World
Putin and Xi claim that ties between the two countries are at a unprecedented high during a friendly meeting after Trump’s visit.
HONGKONG – China-Russia relations have reached a historic high, said Chinese leader Xi Jinping as he met Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday in Beijing. Subscribe to read the story without ads Donald Trump Receive unlimited access to adfree articles and exclusive material. “The world is in danger of slipping back into law of the Jungle,” Xi said at bilateral talks. He described China-Russian cooperation as a global stabilizing force.
Earlier Xi welcomed Putin in a ceremony outside the Great Hall of the People that echoed the welcome ceremony for Trump at his
this past week. In Tiananmen Square, a military band played both the Chinese and Russian anthems and a 21 gun salute was fired.
In China, Putin’s two-day tour is aimed at reassuring an ally who has been a reliable ally since the Trump visit reset Beijing’s turbulent relationship with Washington. Russian President Vladimir Putin (left) and Chinese leader Xi Jinping attend a welcome ceremony on Wednesday at the Great Hall of the People, Beijing. Alexander Kazakov / POOL/ – via Putin said that China-Russian ties had reached a new level, and Russia was now a “reliable partner” in the Middle East. Putin called Xi “his dear friend” and invited him to visit Russia in the next year. Putin, invoking a Chinese idiom, said that missing Xi by a single day was like “being art for three fall” Putin is in China to meet with Xi Jinping.
00:00-state visit 00:00-
They signed more than two dozen agreements, including in the areas of education, science, and technology, as well as trade, economy, and commerce. The Kremlin has also announced that there is general agreement about a second Russian-China gas pipeline, Power of Siberia 2; however, no date for implementation was given. U.S.-Israeli war with Iran Xi and Putin also signed joint statements about strengthening their “comprehensive strategy partnership” as well as advocating a multipolar global. The Sino-Russian Treaty of Friendship, originally signed in 2001, was also extended. They called Trump’s unilateral
an attack on global stability. They also said the U.S. acted “irresponsibly” in allowing New START, a 2010 nuclear arms control agreement to become
. Putin also highlighted the growing trade relationship between Russia, China and other countries that was boosted after Russia’s
. Putin has visited China 25 times since he became president. However, on Tuesday he felt a sense of
. His war against Ukraine pears to be a losing battle, as the losses on the frontlines continue without making any progress, and Kyiv is expanding its drone network, even into
territory. China is trying to pear neutral while supporting Russia economically and diplomatically. The Chinese foreign ministry denied a claim that Xi said to Trump that Putin could regret his February 20, 2022 invasion of Ukraine. It claimed that this “doesn’t accord with the facts” and was “pure fabrication.” In a joint statement released on Wednesday, Russia welcomed China’s desire to “play a constructive role,” in finding a peaceable solution to the Ukraine conflict. U.S. China Agreements
On Wednesday, the Chinese Ministry of Commerce confirmed certain details of the U.S. China Agreements
.
The Chinese purchased 200 planes, its first large deal with the U.S. firm Boeing in over a decade. In exchange, Washington would “provide adequate supply guarantees” of jet engines and aircraft parts that Beijing had accused Washington to weonize. The ministry announced that China would restore access to the U.S. market for beef, and resume imports of poultry from U.S. States deemed free of bird influenza. It confirmed the creation of a trade board to facilitate tariff cuts on about $30 billion of non-sensitive goods as well as an investment board to allow both governments to discuss investment issues. The White House announced that China would buy $17 billion worth of U.S. agriculture products every year until 2028. Neither the Commerce nor Foreign Ministry has confirmed this announcement. Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent told reporters in Tokyo, on Wednesday that, while the Trump-Xi meeting was characterized by a “certain level of cordiality,” and may have lowered tensions, the absence of major agreements increases the stakes surrounding Xi’s visit to the United States in September. Guterres told reporters in Tokyo on Wednesday that while the Trump-Xi summit had a “certain cordiality” and may have lowered tensions between the world’s two biggest economies, there were no major agreements reached. This raises the stakes for Xi’s U.S. visit scheduled for September. Putin and Xi met in Beijing on Tuesday. Kremlin Press Service / Anadolu through . Golden Dome missile defense project Trump could meet Xi up to four times in 2018. Xi may travel to Miami for the Group of 20 Summit in December, while Trump might visit China to attend the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Shenzhen in November. Russian officials confirmed that a Trump-Putin meeting could also take place during the EC conference. Yuri Ushakov, a presidential aide to the Russian president, told Russian state-run media that he believes both leaders will meet in China. This hasn’t been decided yet, but it is unlikely anyone would refuse this prospect.
BBC News World
NBC News predicts that Andy Barr has won the GOP nomination in Kentucky for Mitch McConnell, retiring Senator. Subscribe to this story to enjoy it ad free
Receive unlimited access to exclusive articles and ad free content. Barr, a seven term congressman, defeated former state attorney general Daniel Cameron, and other lesser known GOP candidates. the Republican primary Barr will be the heavy favorite in the general election against Charles Booker. Booker previously ran for Senate, and was up against another former Democratic Senate candidate, Amy McGrath. Since 1992, the state hasn’t elected a Democrat as senator. Wendell Ford was given a final and fourth term.
Trump got involved in the race when he supported Barr and asked Nate Morris – a businessman who had strong ties with his MAGA Movement – to give up his bid for the GOP nomination to accept a position as ambassador. Morris quickly backed Barr. Morris was endorsed by Charlie Kirk, an influential conservative activist who had endorsed him before his assassination last year. However, Morris’ poll numbers were not high enough to gain Trump’s endorsement. Barr made a statement following Trump’s proval, saying that “just like the President at his Northern Kentucky Rally in March, I have been with him the whole way and will always be.” “As Kentucky’s next Senator, I will stand with President Trump 100 percent to deliver and make America Great Again.” The narrator in the Barr campaign’s ad, “President Trump picks Andy Barr for Kentucky Senate,” quoted Trump’s post on social media endorsing Barr. “Andy Barr has proven himself to be a winner.” He will cut taxes, unleash American power dominance, secure the border, and more. He lost against Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear for Beshear’s 2023 reelection bid.
-
Politics23 hours agoTrump-critic Thomas Massie loses Kentucky primary to AIPAC-backed Gallrein
-
Entertainment3 days ago‘SNL’ Veteran Calls Out Elon Musk Over Lupita Nyong’o Remarks
-
Entertainment3 days ago
Picturehouse Entertainment acquires UK rights to A Town In Nova Scotia
-
Tech4 days agoIf Your iPhone Battery’s Draining Faster After iOS 26.5, Don’t Panic
-
Food4 days agoJuneteenth Foods: 23 Recipes for a Cookout Celebration
-
Entertainment4 days agoAdam Driver and Kenneth Lonergan Reunite For ‘Tomorrow Is a Drag’
-
Food4 days agoMuffuletta Potato Salad
-
Tech3 days ago
Today's NYT Mini Crossword Answers for Monday, May 18
