Connect with us

UsaLocalNews

Staten Island shipyard explosion, fire leaves 1 dead, 35 hurt

Staten Island shipyard explosion, fire leaves 1 dead, 35 hurt

One person died and over 30 people, mostly members of the New York City Fire Department, were hurt in an explosion and fire on a barge at a Staten Island shipyard Friday in New York City.

The person who died was a civilian, according to officials. One other civilian was injured, along with 34 FDNY members, including a fire marshal who is in critical condition and a firefighter who is in serious condition, officials said.

All of the victims were rushed to area hospitals.

The fire marshal is currently intubated and suffered head trauma, including a small fracture and a brain bleed, officials said. The firefighter arrived at the hospital in serious condition, but officials said he is doing “very well now” and is being observed to make certain there is no muscle injury.

The fire broke out around 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time in the basement of a metal structure in the rear of a shipping dock, which is located on Richmond Terrace between Lockman and Andros avenues.

The fire quickly grew to two alarms, and an explosion rang out at around 4:20 p.m., shortly after emergency responders arrived.

“I was coming down Richmond Terrace towards my house, and as I was driving close to this area right here, I heard an explosion, and I kind of jumped,” one area resident said. “I didn’t see any fire, but I did hear the explosion.”

The fire has since been brought under control. Over 200 first responders are on scene.

The cause of the fire and explosion are unknown at this time.

Check back soon for more information on this developing story.

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Hero police officer defeats claw machine and rescues trapped child on family bowling night: 'Nerves of steel'

Hero police officer defeats claw machine and rescues trapped child on family bowling night: 'Nerves of steel'

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Call it “claw and order.”

A Missouri police officer is being called a hero after he made a grab-and-go rescue by clawing back a young child trped inside a popular arcade game.

According to the St. Charles County Police Department, Officer Brown was enjoying an evening off-duty with his family at Lucky Strike bowling alley in St. Peters last week when he spotted a young child trped inside an arcade claw machine.

“Armed with courage, nerves of steel and proximately $4, Officer Brown sprung into action,” the department said in a Facebook post.

GET BREAKING NEWS BY EMAIL

Officer Brown of the St. Charles County Police Department helped a small child who became stuck inside an arcade claw machine at a local bowling alley. (St. Charles County Police Department/Facebook)

A photo shared by officials shows Officer Brown proaching the young child, who peared to be trped in the prize-deposit area of the machine.

NYPD OFFICERS SAVE CHOKING 2-YEAR-OLD BOY, BODYCAM VIDEO SHOWS

The incident unfolded at Lucky Strike bowling alley in St. Peters, Missouri. (Google Ms)

“After an intense battle of skill, patience and button mashing, the veteran officer successfully defeated the nefarious arcade device and rescued the little girl,” the department said.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE US NEWS

“After an intense battle of skill, patience and button mashing, the veteran officer successfully defeated the nefarious arcade device and rescued the little girl,” the department said after Officer Brown freed a small child from a bowling alley claw machine in St. Peters, Missouri. (Google Ms)

Following the ordeal, the department said Officer Brown “calmly” returned to his own loved ones –where he bowled an impressive score of 96.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS P

“Just another reminder that the Officers of the St. Charles County Police Department are always ready to serve [the community] — on and off-duty,” the department added.

Fox News Digital reached out to the St. Charles County Police Department for comment.

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Live Updates: Rubio says slight progress in Iran peace talks, but rejects Strait of Hormuz tolling system

Live Updates: Rubio says slight progress in Iran peace talks, but rejects Strait of Hormuz tolling system

Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Friday that it “would be lamentable” if a United Nations Security Council resolution on the Strait of Hormuz didn’t pass, adding: “Let’s see if the United Nations still works.”

The draft resolution, tabled by Bahrain, calls on Iran to immediately stop its attacks and threats against vessels in the strait and to end attacks on Persian Gulf states. It also addresses the placement of sea mines in the vital waterway, and Iran’s efforts to impose tolls on commercial ships using the strait.

Speaking to journalists ahead of a meeting of NATO foreign ministers in Sweden, Rubio said the draft resolution had “the highest number of co-sponsors of any resolution ever” at the council, the UN body tasked with maintaining peace and security through legally binding resolutions.

“Unfortunately, a couple of countries on the Security Council are thinking about vetoing it,” he added. “That would be lamentable.”

A similar resolution, also tabled by Bahrain, was vetoed last month by China and Russia, which, like the U.S. and the council’s two other permanent members, can unilaterally block a measure.

“We are doing everything we can though to achieve the sort of global consensus that’s necessary to prevent this from hpening,” said Rubio. “Let’s see if the United Nations still works.”

He said “almost every country represented here today” had co-sponsored the resolution, “and if they haven’t, I’m sure they soon will because I don’t know of anyone in the world … that should be in favor of a tolling system in an international waterway.”

Vessels in the Strait of Hormuz

Vessels are seen amid shipping gridlock in the Strait of Hormuz, as seen from Iran, May 22, 2026.

Majid Asgaripour/WANA via


Iran’s Ambassador Amir Saeid Iravani told reporters in early May that the draft was “deeply flawed, and one-sided.”

Saeid argued the solution to the crisis in the strait is a permanent end to the U.S.-Israeli war with his country, and the U.S. blockade of Iranian ports and vessels.

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Alex Murdaugh's new defense, Luigi Mangione's decision, Tyler Robinson's fight

Fox News True Crime Newsletter: Alex Murdaugh's new defense, Luigi Mangione's decision, Tyler Robinson's fight

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

ALEX MURDAUGH:

HARD-BOILED DRAMA: Murdaugh ‘egg juror’ fights to crack open jury tampering investigation with records in court clerk scandal

STAKES RAISED: Murdaugh defense plans alternate suspect push as DNA questions loom over retrial

DEFENSE BLITZ: Murdaugh sues court clerk after murder conviction overturned over jury tampering accusations

SCALES TIPPED: Becky Hill’s ‘disgraceful’ comments and book ambitions unraveled Murdaugh’s murder conviction: Docs

LUIGI MANGIONE:

Luigi Mangione, charged with the murder of Brian Thompson, the CEO of United Healthcare, pears in State Supreme Court in Manhattan during an evidence suppression hearing in his case on Friday, Dec. 12, 2025 (Curtis Means for Daily Mail via Pool)

BLIND SPOT: New York’s ‘wrong-headed’ defendant-friendly laws helped toss Mangione evidence: retired cop

DECISION DAY: Mangione evidence ruling could determine what jurors see at his September murder trial

TYLER ROBINSON:

Tyler Robinson, accused of the murder of Charlie Kirk, pears during a hearing in Fourth District Court in Provo, Utah, Thursday, Dec. 11, 2025. (Rick Egan/The Salt Lake Tribune via Pool)

COURTROOM CLASH: Robinson’s defense team fights to seal evidence and punish prosecutors in Charlie Kirk’s assassination

SEALED LIPS: Robinson asks for more secret hearings after losing fight over cameras in court

NANCY GUTHRIE:

Authorities in Arizona are still searching for clues in the Nancy Guthrie case. The 84-year-old was last seen at his Tucson home on Jan. 31. ()

HACKER’S TOOLBOX: ‘Wrench attack’ theory ratchets up fears of organized criminals in Guthrie case

COLD CASES:

Charles Berry, 66, of Newington, Connecticut, was taken into custody Monday in connection with the 1986 re and murder of Roberta Walls, the Newington Police Department said in a statement. (Newington Police Department)

LONG OVERDUE: DNA cracks 40-year cold case mystery with arrest in library worker’s savage slaying: police

CAUGHT CHEWING: Cold case killer who chewed cops’ undercover DNA bait faces survivor, families in courtroom showdown

DECADES LATER: Teen vanished from home decades ago – now feds hope new image and shifting loyalties reveal truth

FAMILY TIES:

Gabriela Gonzalez faces attempted murder and conspiracy charges after prosecutors accused her of participating in an alleged murder-for-hire scheme targeting Jack Avery. (LA County Sheriff’s Office)

‘MOST SINISTER WAY’: Influencer mom, lawyer dad accused of dark-web murder plot against boy-band baby daddy

DYNASTY DRAMA: Mango clothing tycoon’s son arrested in death of billionaire whose brand stretches across US

DOUBLE LIFE EXPOSED: Oklahoma woman discovers husband was a Canadian man who faked his death 37 years earlier in a barn fire

Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Organization aims to honor veterans after death with live Taps renditions

Organization aims to honor veterans after death with live Taps renditions
Continue Reading

UsaLocalNews

Death row inmate Tony Carruthers won't face execution for at least a year after IV line failure in Tennessee

Death row inmate Tony Carruthers won't face execution for at least a year after IV line failure in Tennessee

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The execution of a Tennessee death row inmate convicted of kidnping and killing three people was called off Thursday after the execution team tried and failed for over an hour to establish an intravenous line.

The state won’t try to execute Tony Carruthers for at least a year, Gov. Bill Lee announced. The Tennessee Department of Correction said medical personnel had quickly established a primary IV line but were unable to find a suitable vein for a backup line, which is required by the state’s execution protocol.

After efforts to insert a central line also failed, officials called off the execution. Maria DeLiberato, an attorney for Carruthers, said she saw him “wincing and groaning” while officials attempted to find a vein, calling it “horrible” to watch.

At the time of the governor’s reprieve, DeLiberato was addressing reporters and began crying upon hearing the news.

TN ANNOUNCES NEW EXECUTION METHOD THAT COULD ALLOW STATE TO RESUME EXECUTIONS AFTER LAST ONE HALTED IN 2022

Tonya Carruthers closes her eyes in prayer with other protesters against the execution of Tony Carruthers at the Tennessee Citol in Nashville, Tenn., on Monday, May 18, 2026. Carruthers’ execution was halted Thursday after the execution team tried and failed for over an hour to establish an intravenous line. ( Images; )

“That’s amazing!” she said. “I’m so grateful!”

Carruthers was sentenced to death for the 1994 kidnpings and murders of Marcellos Anderson; his mother, Delois Anderson; and Frederick Tucker in Memphis. At trial, he was forced to represent himself after he repeatedly complained about his court-pointed attorneys and threatened to harm several of them.

Carruthers’ “paranoia and delusions” prevented him from being able to cooperate with court-pointed counsel, but the trial judge viewed this behavior as willful, his current attorneys said.

The conviction was based primarily on the testimony of individuals who claimed to have heard Carruthers confess to or discuss the crimes. No physical evidence tying him to the murders was presented at trial.

Prosecutors alleged that Anderson was a drug dealer and that Carruthers was attempting to take over the drug trade in his Memphis neighborhood. The witnesses who claimed to have heard Carruthers confess included a man who was later revealed to be a police informant, who subsequently told the media he was paid for his testimony.

EXECUTION SCHEDULED FOR TEXAS DEATH ROW INMATE CONVICTED IN ‘SHAKEN BABY’ CASE AS LAWYERS MAINTAIN INNOCENCE

Tori Carruthers and Latobiya Carruthers close their eyes in prayer with other protesters against the execution of Tony Carruthers at the Tennessee Citol in Nashville, Tenn., on May 18, 2026. ()

James Montgomery, a co-defendant, was originally sentenced to death alongside Carruthers, but was later resentenced and released from prison in 2015, according to court filings.

In their petition, Carruthers’s attorneys argued that he was sentenced to death largely because a medical examiner testified that the victims were buried alive. That claim was later withdrawn, and subsequent experts have stated it was false.

UTAH KILLER WITH DEMENTIA IS COMPETENT ENOUGH FOR DEATH SENTENCE TO BE CARRIED OUT, JUDGE RULES

In addition, his legal team argued that he was incompetent and should not be executed. Carruthers believed the government was bluffing about the execution in order to coerce him into accepting a plea deal that existed only in his mind, they claimed.

Protesters gather at the Tennessee Citol in Nashville on May 18, 2026, to oppose the execution of Tony Carruthers. ()

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS P

By doing so, Carruthers believed the government could avoid paying him millions of dollars he thought he was owed.

He was convinced that his own attorneys were part of a conspiracy against him and refused to speak with them, according to court filings.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Video56 minutes ago

Starship glows with bright pink plasma

SpaceX's Starship rocket came to a dramatic close, with the spacecraft managing to complete a controlled splashdown in …

US-Iran diplomacy continues, but significant differences remain on deal US-Iran diplomacy continues, but significant differences remain on deal
Politics2 hours ago

US-Iran diplomacy continues, but significant differences remain on deal

blinking-dot Live updatesLive updates, Israeli attacks on Lebanon have killed at least 3,111 people since March 2, with 9,432 injured,...

Staten Island shipyard explosion, fire leaves 1 dead, 35 hurt Staten Island shipyard explosion, fire leaves 1 dead, 35 hurt
UsaLocalNews2 hours ago

Staten Island shipyard explosion, fire leaves 1 dead, 35 hurt

One person died and over 30 people, mostly members of the New York City Fire Department, were hurt in an...

Video2 hours ago

How to AI-proof your job

CNN's Hadas Gold shares tips from experts on how to AI proof your job at a time when it seems...

Video2 hours ago

SpaceX Starship: Launch, satellite deploy & propulsive landing

The Starship spacecraft had a successful launch today, taking off at the beginning of its 90-minute launch

Video2 hours ago

Live: SpaceX attempts 12th Starship test flight

SpaceX attempts to launch its Starship heavy rocket on its 12th test flight, after a last-minute scrubbed attempt Thursday.

Video2 hours ago

Pentagon drops second wave of UFO files, many still unexplained

The Pentagon has released a second wave of declassified UFO files, adding new documents and fresh videos that cture …

Video2 hours ago

This Congressman hasn’t been seen in public for months

A Republican congressman from New Jersey hasn't been seen in public since March and his constituents and fellow lawmakers …

Video3 hours ago

Judge dismisses charges against Kilmar Abrego Garcia

The criminal charges against Kilmar Abrego Garcia have been dismissed by a federal judge in Tennessee, who cited a tainted...

Video3 hours ago

Taylor Lorenz says 'moral panic 'is fuelling social media bans | Top Comment Podcast

As the list of countries seeking stricter regulation of social media grows, journalist Taylor Lorenz is among the most vocal...

Trending News

Join Our Newsletter

Stay updated with breaking news and exclusive content.