BBC News World
Kyle Busch’s family
said that the NASCAR icon Kyle Busch died from severe pneumonia. Subscribe to read the story without ads
Get access to adfree articles and exclusive content. Family members said that 41-year-old Busch died after being hospitalized due to a “severe” illness. The caller said, “I have an individual who is, uh… shortness of breathe, very hot, and thinks he will pass out. He’s producing a little blood — coughing some blood,” around 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday. NASCAR CEO Steve O’Donnell confirmed that Busch was in a simulator on the day of his death.
Earlier in the month, Busch asked a doctor for a shot after he had finished a NASCAR Cup Series Race at Watkins Glen (New York) by radioing his crew. The Associated Press reported that Busch did this near the end of a NASCAR Cup Series Race. According to the broadcast on TV, Busch was suffering from a sinus infection that had been aggravated by the G-forces at the roadcourse and the elevation changes. Five days after that, in Dover. Busch leaves a lasting legacy. He is a two-time NASCAR Cup Series Champion and has won 234 races in the sport’s national series. This is the most ever in racing history. Kyle Busch embraces Samantha Busch and Brexton Busch, his son, before a 2022 race. Jared C. Tilton/ Sport file
The racing community, celebrities and his fans paid him a tribute after he died.
“Kyle was a future Hall of Famer. He was a rare and unique talent. It is only one that pears once every generation.” He was passionate, fierce and extremely talented. He cared about the sport, his fans and Richard Childress racing, according to the Busch Family, NASCAR and Richard Childress. The statement said that “NASCAR had lost a great champion of the sport far too soon.” The l 18 pylon, the number of the car he drove, will be lit up in his honor at the Indianolis 500 on Sunday. Busch leaves behind his parents, his wife Samantha, son Brexton, 11, and daughter Lennix 4, as well as his wife Samantha. In their short statement made on Saturday, Busch family members asked for privacy. 911 call obtained by NBC News.
BBC News World
Cubans search for alternative energy sources amid fuel shortages and outages. Renewables provide 10% of energy, up from only 3% by 2024. Officials in Cuba claim that renewables are expected to cover 40% of energy demand by 2035 and 100% by 2050. With Chinese equipment and financing, the government installed solar panels at public places and hospitals in the past few years. Cuban officials have stated that 54 solar parks exist today, and they expect to have 92 in 2028 with the help of China. The Cuban Government has not provided a breakdown as to how it plans to use energy sources like solar, hydropower, biomass, and wind in order for the country’s goal. Jorge Pinon, a University of Texas at Austin energy expert, believes it will be difficult for Cuba’s government to achieve its goals, given the economic crisis in the country and the high costs of switching to renewable energy sources, particularly due to the state of the energy infrastructure. Pinon, a senior collaborator at UT Austin’s Energy Institute and a researcher, believes that Cuba’s current economic situation makes it unlikely that the country will achieve its goal to be 100% renewable by 2050. Pinon, a senior researcher at UT Austin’s Energy Institute, said that there is potential to harness renewable energy but it will require large investments. Sugar cane energy, for example, could be just as important as solar. Pinon explained that ethanol is not only a fuel, but also a biomass product, an alcohol, and a source of employment for the countryside. You can blend ethanol with gasoline and reduce your gasoline imports. The Cuban Embassy did not reply to questions about the details of the energy plan, or whether the switch to renewables by 2050 is possible. Most Cubans are currently living with the problem of not being able to get electricity on a regular basis. Before the Trump administration made its visit to the island, the people were already suffering from power cuts lasting up to 20 hours a day. Fuel supply was reduced by
. The blackouts have gotten longer and people are more anxious because they don’t know when their power will be restored next. The outages vary by the day and neighborhood. One section of the city could be without power for 40 hours and then 15 hours later.
BBC News World
Justice Department removes charges against rioters of Jan. 6
Friday, the Justice Department confirmed that it had removed from its website press releases detailing charges against hundreds who were involved in the Citol riot on Jan. 6, 2020. Subscribe to read the story without ads
Get unlimited, adfree access to articles and exclusive content. The DOJ Rid Response X twitter account responded to the allegations that the Justice Department has deleted press release related to Jan. 6 by saying, “Nothing quiet about it.” The post said: “We are proud of our ability to reverse DOJ weonization under Biden’s administration.” We will do all we can to restore those who have been persecuted because of political reasons. The DOJ’s site will be stripped of partisan propaganda.
According to NBC News, the majority of press releases relating to defendants on Jan. 6 have been removed as of Friday night.
This latest move by the Trump Administration in a post is to portray the rioters as victims. The first day Donald Trump returned to office, he announced the following:
Shortly afterward, Justice Department officials, FBI agents, and other FBI agents involved in the investigation and prosecution of the January 6 incident
This week, the Justice Department
and announced to reframe the Jan. 6 siege to compensate those “who suffered weonization and warfare.” In a Wednesday letter to Blanche, Senator Dick Durbin of Illinois wrote that “the notion of the federal Government giving out compensation to the rioters is absurd and offensive.” Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina called the fund on Thursday a “payout for punks”. The fund is not only being fought by lawmakers. The Trump administration filed a federal lawsuit
against a prosecutor who was fired on Jan. 6, and a professor of law. They argued that the fund created a political discriminatory process which excluded certain individuals that claim they were mistreated Republican officials. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington filed a lawsuit Friday calling the fund a “shocking act of presidential corruption.” The group argued that the fund was not proved by Congress unlike previous funds which were intended to compensate victims. In a separate lawsuit filed on Wednesday, two Citol police officers claimed that the fund “directly funds the violent operations carried out by rioters, Paramilitaries and their supporters.” mass pardoned the rioters.
BBC News World
Ted Cruz claims that GOP senators yelled and screamed at Todd Blanche when they were briefing on the ‘anti-weaponization fund’
Self-dealing accusations, screaming and yelling. Subscribe to this story to get unlimited access to exclusive content and ad free articles. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) described the closed-door session with Senate Republicans, and their
, which has been met with bipartisan opposition. Cruz described it as one of the “roughest meetings” he’s ever attended in his time in Senate. “My guess would be that there were 45 senators present, and at least half were blasting Blanche, and they were angry.”
Senate Republicans discussed the fund with Blanche Thursday, and the vote to fund Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Border Patrol was halted. Cruz said that Cruz and his GOP colleagues were unable to defend the fund, because they felt it was as if President Donald Trump made a “deal with himself.”
I’ve got to tell you that the Republican senators yelled at the attorney general, saying this felt like self-dealing. Cruz added that “the legal foundation is very sound.” They were shouting at the acting Attorney General, who was trying lay out the legal base. The fund was created after Trump announced that he would not pursue his claims for damages related to a search of Mar-a-Lago in 2022 and the Russian collusion case connected to the 2016 election. Justice Department officials stated Monday that acting Attorney General Todd Blanche would include a “systematic proach to hearing and redressing claims of other who suffered weonization and unlawful conduct.” $1.8 billion anti-weonization fund Todd Blanche, the Acting Attorney General, arrives at U.S. Citol. Win McNamee / .
Cruz stated on his podcast that if Senate votes had been held Thursday night regarding the ICE Border Patrol Bill, about half of the Republican Caucus would’ve voted in support of amendments to limit the fund.
Cruz emphasized the “degree of the jailbreak” of Republicans who bolted, saying they were going to vote for the Democrats.
A White House official said in a Friday statement that the Administration “preciated yesterday’s discussion and feedback.” We are open to further discussions as required. Growing numbers of Republicans are raising concerns about the fund. NBC News previously reported Sen. Thom Tillis of N.C. called the fund an “outcome pot for punks” referring to the fact the Trump administration has not ruled the possibility out that people convicted in connection with the Jan. 6 Riot could receive compensation. The fund has been widely condemned by Democrats since its announcement. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.),
, said Wednesday that the idea of “the federal government giving compensation to rioters is absurd and offensive.” Fitzpatrick had written to Blanche on Wednesday, demanding answers about the legal authority of the fund and who was eligible for compensation.
BBC News World
Donald Trump Jr. and Bettina A Anderson marry in Florida
Palm Beach County marriage records show that Donald Trump Jr.’s oldest son, Bettina A Anderson, was married to Donald Trump Jr. in West Palm Beach on Thursday. Subscribe to the story and read it without advertisements the president’s Enjoy unlimited access to adfree articles, exclusive content, and more. The Bahamas are expected to host a private wedding celebration on Saturday,
. Donald Trump said Thursday that he won’t be there,
‘wasn’t good timing for [him]”, citing ongoing issues with the war in Iran. The president, who was originally scheduled to visit Bedminster in New Jersey this weekend, is now expected at the White House. In a
, he still offered congratulations to the newlyweds. The President said on Thursday that he has known Anderson for a long time and hopes that they will have a successful marriage. Harry Loy Anderson Jr. was a banker, philanthropist, and her father. Trump Jr. announced the engagement in December at a White House Holiday Party. Page Six reported Trump Jr. has five children from his first marriage to Vanessa Trump. This is his second marriage. They were married in 2005 at Mar-a-Lago and divorced in 2018 Later, he was engaged to Kimberly Guilfoyle. She is a former Fox News anchor and now U.S. Ambassador to Greece. saying the date Trump Jr. runs the Trump Organization along with his brother Eric Trump and has attended political events alongside his father. Anderson is a member of the Project Paradise Film Fund which is dedicated to protecting Florida’s natural environment.
BBC News World
Police ask witnesses to come forward for Prince Andrew investigation.
LONDON – British police asked witnesses to come forward as they continue to investigate potential crimes by former employees. Subscribe now to read this article ad free. Prince Andrew Get access to exclusive content and articles without ads. The police said that they wanted to speak to a female witness as part of their “assessment” of reports that in 2010, a woman had been taken to a Windsor address for sexual purposes. Thames Valley Police Jeffrey Epstein.
confirmed that they have spoken to the woman’s lawyer to ensure she is protected and respected in her right to privacy. According to British police convention, Mountbatten Windsor was not named in the statement. However, he could be identified by the details provided. Florida attorney Brad Edwards told the BBC that in January he represented the woman who claimed she had a sex with the former prince Andrew in his Windsor home after being trafficked by Epstein. Mountbatten Windsor
has strongly denied all wrongdoing. He has also expressed regret about his long-term friendship with Epstein. This friendship continued even after Epstein was convicted in 2008 of soliciting a prostitute from a child. Virginia Giuffre, then Roberts (with Prince Andrew) and Ghislaine Maxiwell. Virginia Roberts Giuffre was one of Epstein’s accusers. She claimed she was forced by Epstein to have several sex sessions with Prince Andrew when she was only 17 years old. He denied the allegations. He ultimately settled the case, for an amount that was not disclosed. Giuffre was acknowledged as a victim. Police
King Charles III’s younger brother his arrest in February.
told 010001010
. In February, the police announced that they were looking into allegations made by the U.K. Epstein as a trade envoy for
. Epstein was charged with multiple sex trafficking offenses in July 2019, stemming from incidents that occurred between 2002 and 2005. He was found dead in his cell in August 2019 by suicide. Federal investigators concluded in 2023 that the death of the man was due to misconduct, negligence, and errors on the part of staff at the Metropolitan Correctional Center. Mountbatten Windsor was interviewed in January 2010 on suspicion of misconduct by a public official following the U.S. release of FBI Epstein documents. In the course of this investigation, police searched two homes in Berkshire – about 50 miles from London – and Norfolk – just over 100 mile northeast of Britain’s Cital. Andrew has lived in both locations. former Prince Andrew shared confidential documents with The police said that they were talking to a number witnesses, but couldn’t confirm or disprove their identities. They also urged others with information about the case to come forward.
They added that after Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest in February, they had been working with the U.S. Department of Justice to get further information related to the investigation. A photo of Jeffrey Epstein, released in 2025 by the Department of Justice. Justice Department was arrested In a Friday statement, Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright stated that “our team of highly experienced detectives is working meticulously to go through the significant amount of data received from both public and private sources.” He said: “We will conduct a thorough investigation of all reasonable lines, no matter where they lead.” The police statement followed a British government document that said Mountbatten Windsor was not vetted by British officials before she was pointed to be the U.K.’s trade ambassador in 2001. The former Prince Andrew and Britain’s King Charles III in London, 2022. Patrick van Katwijk/ file. as young as 14 Charles stripped his brother of royal titles after the scandal over his ties with Epstein brought shame to the royal family. The Crown Estate also ordered the former Prince Andrew to leave the Royal Lodge. Buckingham Palace stated at the time, “Censures were deemed necessary despite the fact that Prince Andrew continues to deny allegations against him.”
-
Politics3 days agoTrump-critic Thomas Massie loses Kentucky primary to AIPAC-backed Gallrein
-
Entertainment6 days ago‘SNL’ Veteran Calls Out Elon Musk Over Lupita Nyong’o Remarks
-
Entertainment5 days ago
Picturehouse Entertainment acquires UK rights to A Town In Nova Scotia
-
Food6 days agoJuneteenth Foods: 23 Recipes for a Cookout Celebration
-
Tech6 days ago
Today's NYT Mini Crossword Answers for Monday, May 18
-
Entertainment6 days agoAdam Driver and Kenneth Lonergan Reunite For ‘Tomorrow Is a Drag’
-
Tech7 days agoIf Your iPhone Battery’s Draining Faster After iOS 26.5, Don’t Panic
-
Sports7 days agoSmalley leads as McIlroy, Rahm, Rose & Rai impress on ‘moving day’
