Connect with us

Entertainment

Production Agreement With ‘Bannerman’

Netflix has entered the business of co-production. Netflix has signed a joint development and production deal with AMC Studios, which is believed to be a first for Streamer. First to be approved is the drama Bannerman from Shane Black and Craig Silverstein, based on popular spy novels written by John R. Maxim.
Black, a filmmaker who has directed and produced two TV episodes in his career so far, will co-write the first episode. He also executive produces and directs the other two. Silverstein will continue to retain his Executive Producer credit for Disney+’s Percy Jackson and The Olympians. He will write, showrun and executive produce. Greg Nicotero, Brian Witten and others will executive produce.
It is thought that the co-production deal was made some months ago. Netflix and AMC Studios put together a series development schedule, and Bannerman ended up being selected as the initial series.
Netflix can now collaborate with studios of all kinds. The streamer tried this first with the co-licensing system introduced by Bela Bajaria, who is currently Netflix’s Chief Content Officer.
This deal extends AMC’s relationship with Netflix, which dates back to Breaking Bad being Netflix’s very first success. It also provides a vital lifeline to a brand that is largely linear as AMC has to be creative to stay relevant in this streaming age.
Netflix and AMC announced earlier in the month a $500 million deal to license The Walking Dead’s entire universe. Netflix has also just acquired AMC Studios drama The Headlands House, starring Colman Dominicdo.
The fact that Netflix has a team of former AMC writers Emma Miller and Carrie Gillogly, who moved to Netflix three years ago, may have helped facilitate this new partnership.
Bannerman, a co-production between AMC Studios, Netflix and AMC Studios, will debut on AMC, in America and Canada, and then be made available to Netflix U.S.A. and Canada, 90 days after AMC airs the finale of the current season. Netflix and AMC are launching each episode jointly in Australia, New Zealand, and Spain. Netflix is carrying the show everywhere else.
This series dates back to six years.
AMC Studios revealed in January 2023 it acquired the rights to Bannerman to be developed for TV. Black, Greg Nicotero, who had been with AMC Studios since a very long time, will executive produce and Witten, (Creepshow), co-executive producer.
AMC Studios, at AMC Global Media’s 2026 forward presentation, announced the opening of a writer’s room for Bannerman.
Silverstein became involved with Bannerman very early. Silverstein then went on to executive-produce Percy Jackson and the Olympians. He returned when the Netflix project began gaining traction.
Bannerman is centered on Paul Bannerman. A lethal assassin, Bannerman convinces the most dangerous killers in the world to give up the game of spying for the chance to live a normal life. The retirement mission will be the most challenging yet due to old enemies, bad habit, paranoid government, and a relentless ex-cop.
Maxim’s Series spans five novels.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Director confirms ‘National Treasure 3’ with Nic Cage is ‘finally real’ at Philly’s ‘National Treasure’ Weekend

The director Jon Turteltaub brought a hidden treasure to Philadelphia’s National Treasure Weekend. It’s the third film in the franchise of historical treasure hunting movies starring Nicolas Cage.
Turteltaub told Aubrey Paris, Emily Black and the hosts of National Treasure Hunt Podcast, that “it is happening”, during the taping at Philadelphia Visitor Center on Friday evening.
The crowd initially reacted with shock, thinking that Turteltaub was about to tell them to steal the Declaration of Independence. But after the director revealed they were the “first people to whom I had said it out loud,” the fans erupted in applause.
Turtletaub said to Paris and Black, “I’ve never told you anything about me before. But I think that now is the time for it.” It’s real now. It’s Hollywood Real, which means that anything could happen. Nic is hit by a car, but there is no National Treasure 3 National Treasure 3 is probably going to be made if I’m hit by a car. “Welcome to Hollywood.”
Turteltaub, who directed Cool Runnings and While You Were Sleeping as well as The Meg, said that Disney and he liked the script and, “to what extent we could, everyone is back”, including Cage, in National Treasure’s cast.
In 2004, the first movie in the series was released. Several iconic scenes in Philadelphia were shot. This city, which is notorious for its hard-to-please citizens, has come to love the film.
After the discussion, hundreds of people attended a screening of National Treasure for free on Independence Mall. This was one of many events held over the course of three days to celebrate the film. Paris and Black’s sold-out visit to filming sites around Philadelphia, and the screening of National Treasure: Book of Secrets from 2007, were also scheduled for this weekend.
Turteltaub said that the political climate in the United States is one reason it took nearly 20 years to produce another chapter of this saga. He recounted a tale about how former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy called him from nowhere to request a screening of National Treasure in private for Congress.
He, along with others, was surprised that Democrats produced that film because Democrats cannot be patriots. Turteltaub stated that this was the thinking and it only got worse. On the Democrats side, “Oh, Republicans just want to hide things, hate everyone, want to kill everybody and blah, blah, blah.”
Turteltaub stated that because people read political into everything on the internet and are quick to take sides, the third movie will address this.
He said, “I don’t think we can ignore this.” I think that we need to incorporate this idea into the story in a way without offending anyone.
Turteltaub didn’t say if the third film will include scenes from Philadelphia or any other details of the plot.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

’90 Day Fiancé’ Thais Ramone Fires Back at Patrick Mendes’ Cheating Allegations

Thais Ramone, star of “90 Day Fiance”, has responded to estranged Patrick Mendes recent court claims. Her lawyer says a motion that contained inaccurate allegations regarding alleged marital infidelity is being pulled.
Carmen Marisol tells TMZ that Patrick’s attorney has admitted to the fact that these statements were “inadvertently” included. Both sides have agreed to the motion being thrown out, Carmen Marisol says.
This development came one day after TMZ revealed that Patrick had claimed to have discovered in court documents Thais’ affair sometime around April 20,26. He also claimed she demanded he left their marriage home.
The Thais attorney said that the couple had appeared before a court on Friday, and they both agreed to use Family Mediation Center Services in order to resolve their dispute.
In response, the parties agreed to cancel Friday’s hearing.
Patrick had initially requested sole physical and legal custody of his 3-year-old child, Aleesi. He later asked for joint custody.
Dominique Enchinton is Thais’ manager and tells TMZ that Thais remains focused on her child, with no desire to publicly battle over family issues.
Dominique says, Thais will not allow defamatory or false statements to remain unanswered… and she could pursue legal action if the inaccurate or defamatory allegations about her are continued to be made public.
Thais, as we previously reported was arrested in the early part of this year after a dispute between her and Patrick. The police bodycam video showed Thais being arrested.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend Gave Her Narcan Before Death, Brother Says

Hayden Panettiere’s brother revealed Brian Hickerson gave Narcan to Panettiere after they found both unconscious in a South Carolina house on Sunday.
Zach Hickerson, a former boyfriend of Panettiere, wrote to TMZ Friday. He gave the publication a detailed description of the event that occurred the day the Heroes and Nashville star was discovered unresponsive at the Greenville Airbnb, South Carolina. The couple, who had been dating on-and-off, just got there. Brian Hickerson has dated Panettiere intermittently since 2018. He was arrested for domestic violence several times over the years and pleaded not guilty to two felony assault charges against Panettiere.
The Greenville Police Department’s heavily redacted report on the incident, released last week, reveals the reaction of Panettiere and her brothers to the death. Brian Hickerson, who was present when first responders failed to revive Panettiere and showed him a medication bag that he claimed she took, became extremely emotional.
Zach Hickerson contacted TMZ in order to clear up the record of what he went through on Sunday. This will allow him to “mourn” without the additional chaos and confusion created by media and the public.
In a statement published by TMZ on Friday, he stated that “there are a number of speculations, assumptions and accusations” currently circulating. The truth will be revealed as soon as authorities release more details about the investigation. It is crucial because those who loved Hayden and worshipped him deserve to know the truth.
Zach told us that he had attended church on Sunday and exchanged text messages on the way. They planned to have lunch together and then play indoor golf afterward. He called Panettiere, and sent a text to his brother as soon as he got out of church. He assumed that they were still asleep and drove to Greenville where Panettiere’s grandmother lives. He claimed he didn’t have the code for the door and couldn’t enter.
He said that a loud knock at the door had roused his brother. Brian and Panettiere were both asleep on the couch fold-out in the living room of the townhouse.
He recalled, “We realized that Hayden was unconscious when we tried to awaken her for lunch.” I immediately dialed 911, and Brian administered Narcan. While 911 was playing, we performed CPR together until Fire and EMS arrived. “At that time, we watched them try every possible measure to save her.”
Narcan was found at the scene, as was a bottle of Narcan. First responders were reported to have discussed “overdose” with Panettiere. The younger brother of her boyfriend’s long-time abuser confirmed that she was possibly the victim of an overdose.
Zach Hickerson has expressed his grief over the death of Panettiere.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tupac Jurors See Keffe D’s First Public Interview About Killing

The jury watched portions of the BET documentary on Friday, in which Duane “Keffe D” Davis recalled his account in 2008 in an interview with police about how rap icon Tupac was shot in 1996.
Davis, according to prosecutors, was able to clear his name of any protections he had received from the interview. This helped him be charged with murder in Las Vegas.
Davis, in an excerpt from the 2018 documentary series played at court, said: “I am coming out to tell my story now because I have cancer.” I have nothing to lose. “All I want to know is the truth.”
Davis told the camera he and his nephew Orlando “Baby Lane’ Anderson were riding in his white Cadillac when they saw Shakur, in his black BMW, interacting with people “like he had been in a street parade.” They then made a U turn to get up with Knight, who was driving Death Row Records.
Davis stated in the video that featured an actor portraying Shakur standing through the BMW sunroof. Davis responded, “I’m going to keep that for the code on the streets.” When asked who shot Shakur. “It just came out of the back, bro.”
Davis told jurors that in his interview with the police from 2008, he had given a Glock.40 caliber loaded to the rear seat because he did not have a good shot. He claimed that Anderson had grabbed the gun and shot it.
Video footage from BET’s six-part docuseries Death Row Chronicles shown on Friday could be significant, as it gave jurors an accurate retelling the story Davis told to LAPD officers and members of the federal task force during the interview they had in his attorney’s Los Angeles County office, Dec. 18, 2008. Davis claims he told a lie during the meeting in order to get leverage when facing potential prison time for drug-related charges. He claimed he told the story fabricated in BET’s interview as entertainment because he had been paid.
Editor’s Picks
In the interview of 2008, LAPD Detective Det. Greg Kading said to Davis that “nothing you say will be used against your.” However, the offer session was not a blanket immunity. Davis agreed to not use his statements in the “queen-for-aday” meeting against him. However, they were still allowed to pursue charges using evidence they had independently obtained.
The prosecution now claims that Davis violated the contract by appearing in BET’s series, Compton Street Legend and by publishing his memoir wherein he publicly repeated the key details of the story. The prosecutors were granted permission to show the 2008 interview to jurors. They argued that it could be used to confirm Davis’s statements.
Mario Diaz who directed the documentary testified on Friday that he gave Davis at least one cheque for his involvement. Davis was paid “anywhere between $10,000 and $20,000”, but Diaz wasn’t certain. Diaz, Davis’ lawyer during the cross-examination of Diaz, said that it is possible Davis received $5,000 in installments. Davis was shook his head at this stage in court.
After Diaz had left, the prosecutors played an interview Davis conducted in 2009 with a Las Vegas Detective, while one LAPD detective from 2008 was also present. Davis described again riding with Anderson and three other men in a vehicle when they saw Knight and Shakur driving the BMW.
Davis stated that Anderson had become angry, and thought his arm was broken after Shakur’s entourage assaulted him at the MGM Grand the previous night. Prosecutors claim that the beating was a result of a dispute between gangs over a Death Row Records medallion and chain that had been allegedly taken during a confrontation in a mall involving members of Davis’ and Anderson’s South Side Compton Crips, and Mob Piru Bloods members affiliated with Knight. The Las Vegas shooting, according to the prosecutors was an “act of revenge” as part of a cycle of retaliation.
Related Content
Davis informed the detectives after the incident that his group had parked behind the Carriage House Hotel and left the firearm on the front passenger tire. Anderson, he claimed, then vanished for around 20 minutes.
Trending Stories
Davis explained, “He claimed he peed on his hands…to get rid of the gunpowder.” He called it “street stuff”.
Davis has not pleaded guilty to a single count of murder of using a deadly weapons and has been in jail since September 2023. He could face life without parole if convicted.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Mama June’s Daughter Pumpkin Says Her OnlyFans Got Her Kid Rejected From School

Pumpkin, Mama June’s child says that her X-rated social media presence has cost her a place at a private school. She told TMZ that the school canceled the acceptance of the student after learning about her posts.
Pumpkin told TMZ… that she reached out to Georgia School about a month and a quarter ago. She said the staff were initially “super nice” and communicated throughout the entire process.
Pumpkin claims she got an email Friday asking her to attend a school meeting.
Pumpkin claims that she arrived with Ella but was instructed to leave her behind. She claims that once inside the meeting, a staff member informed her of their knowledge about her social media activity and how it didn’t align with school values.
Pumpkin claims that the school informed her they were withdrawing Ella’s acceptance, and refunding her money.
Pumpkin says she did not stay to argue. “I stood up and said, well now that I’ve seen how judgy you are, I don’t think my child needs to be there anyway.” And I left.
She claims that she has visited the school before and no one raised any concerns regarding her OnlyFans content or social media.
Pumpkin says… “Never was this ever discussed. It’s up to them. Everyone has the right to 100% of their opinions. They could have made it clear to us before the process began that they would not allow her in.”
Pumpkin, as we reported previously on “TMZ Podcast”, revealed that OnlyFans was paying big dividends for her. She made anywhere between $14K to $15K on a single platform day.

Continue Reading

Latest News

Food4 hours ago

Company recalls alfalfa sprouts after CDC says 55 sickened in salmonella, E. coli outbreak

The company that has been linked by the federal government to an E. coli outbreak and salmonella is now recalling...

TravelNews4 hours ago

Men from Cuba and other countries describe being deported by the U.S. to a dangerous African nation: “We cannot leave”

Yasmany de Armas, a Cuban-born immigrant who lived and worked in Florida last year. After the Trump administration deported him...

Entertainment5 hours ago

Director confirms ‘National Treasure 3’ with Nic Cage is ‘finally real’ at Philly’s ‘National Treasure’ Weekend

The director Jon Turteltaub brought a hidden treasure to Philadelphia’s National Treasure Weekend. It’s the third film in the franchise...

Food5 hours ago

E coli and salmonella outbreak tied to alfalfa sprouts sickens 55

According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a food safety alert was issued in response to an...

Food6 hours ago

Trump allows tariff-free ground beef imports to lower prices for Americans

The President Donald Trump announced on Friday that up to 300,000.00 metric tons (or 3.5 million pounds) of beef ground...

HealthNews6 hours ago

Iowa HHS adds to list of potential measles exposure locations

OTTUMWA, Iowa — Iowa Health and Human Services has added to the list of possible exposure sites for measles. Ottumwa...

Business6 hours ago

Paramount and California A.G. Expected to Discuss Settlement on Monday

Two sources with knowledge of the matter say that Paramount Skydance’s representatives will meet with California’s Attorney General on Monday...

Tech6 hours ago

Missing New York City grandmother found dead near airport in Las Vegas

Police said that the body of missing New York City grandmother, 63 years old, was discovered near Harry Reid International...

Entertainment7 hours ago

’90 Day Fiancé’ Thais Ramone Fires Back at Patrick Mendes’ Cheating Allegations

Thais Ramone, star of “90 Day Fiance”, has responded to estranged Patrick Mendes recent court claims. Her lawyer says a...

HealthNews7 hours ago

Her Mom Swatted Her Butt in Front of Everyone-So She Shouted Her Anger for the Whole Neighborhood to Hear.

When their children are very specific about their boundaries, parents need to be more aware of their limits. This story...

Trending News

Join Our Newsletter

Stay updated with breaking news and exclusive content.